Sales/Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager
Location: Muskogee, OK or Remote within 2 Hrs. of Muskogee
Griffin Foods is seeking an energetic, competitive, and self-motivated Business Development Manager. The ideal candidate will lead initiatives to generate and be responsible for growing transformational sales volume, profits, and market penetration by selling to new and current Retail Clients, Food Service Customers, Distributors, and Broad liners within the assigned geographical region. Function as liaison between broker community and Griffin Foods. This candidate will be focused and have effective communication skills. They should be able to think critically when making plans and have a demonstrated ability to execute a particular strategy.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, manage, and execute a successful sales cycle across the area of assigned responsibility.
- Mine, hunt, and bring on new profitable business opportunities. Initiate action plans to increase share of market with existing and new accounts.
- Directly lead one or more key customer relationships
- Lead the collaborative development of account business plans; deliver annual customer plan; conduct regularly scheduled customer business reviews.
- Build business relationships with key decision makers and senior leaders. Lead collaboration with peers, cross functional staff, and senior management to drive new and existing business and execute business priorities.
- Bring actionable ideas to the team based on capabilities and best practices.
- Collaborates frequently with cross functional teams of all levels inside and outside the organization. Works directly with Finance and Revenue Growth teams to lead pricing decisions and revenue sharing proposals.
- Collaborates with Sales Leadership and external partners to provide timely sales reports illustrating sales volume and trends, potential sales and expansion, and the results of potential sales and expansion projects.
- Lead and develop an effective sales strategy by targeting strategic goals, building customer relationships, and creating initiatives to drive profitability.
- Prepare and deliver sales presentations, product demonstrations, and proposals on existing and new products and/or services. Educate clients on the benefits and features of the products and/or services.
· Engage with broker partners on a constant basis to review existing book of business, identify growth opportunities, and review performance goals and achievement. Set action plans to achieve desired results. Make calls/virtual visits at least monthly and in-person visits on a quarterly basis with key broker partners to present a Quarterly Business Reviews.
- Create marketing plans annually for all brokers, as identified by management. Marketing plans should be prepared and presented no later than November each year for the following plan year.
- Influence and collaborate with cross-functional teams to streamline processes and broaden capabilities by demonstrating the value through customer opportunities.
- Provide direct day-to-day account responsibility of assigned accounts. “Own” the performance of assigned accounts and act on unique account challenges and opportunities while effectively balancing the needs of Griffin Foods and the customer.
- Foster customer relationships at various levels across multiple functions (R&D, marketing, purchasing, quality assurance, operations) and facilitate the growth of customer counterpart relationships within Griffin Foods.
- Execute full authority/opportunity to set and negotiate product/service terms, as directed by sales leadership, such as non-disclosure agreements, pricing, terms, contracts, and other items, as necessary.
- The requirements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employee, but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Other duties may be assigned as required.
Education and Experience
· Undergraduate degree in business, sales, marketing, or related curriculum (or equivalent combination of experience and education)
· 5 or more years of progressive sales, account management, or related experience that includes proven record of growing profitable sales results.
· Experience in the retail, consumer packaged goods/foods or related industry
· Certification and/or License – may be required during course of employment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Knowledge and skill with Microsoft Office Suite and company specific systems
· Analytical and data interpretation skills
· Communication and presentation skills to effectively convey data insights to non-technical stakeholders.
· Problem-solving abilities and the capability to think critically about sales-related challenges.
· Able to work with accuracy with high level of attention to detail.
· Able to establish and independently manage effective relationships.
· Able to work in a fast paced, team environment.