Heavy Equipment Operator
The Large Capacity Forklift Operator position is an 8-12 hour rotating shift reporting directly to the Department Supervisor/Manager. This position utilizes a large capacity wheel loader industrial truck equipped with lifting devices for the purpose of loading/unloading oilfield tubulars both on and off the plant’s production lines, storage racks, trucks and/or railcars. This position is also responsible for the inventory control of the products moved. The position practices safe work habits and follows standard work methods to meet both customer and API requirements.
Ensuring quality and quantity of work and product produced is met.
Proper care/usage/storage of tools, equipment and product.
Adherence to corporate and department policies, procedures, practices and specifications.
Working normal shift schedule and hours, as required to include any extended work schedule or days and/or hours as required.
Accurate and timely completion of all tasks assigned by the Shift Lead, Supervisor and/or Manager.
Perform duties as an individual or in part of a group type setting.
Report any discrepancies to the shift lead, supervisor and/or manager.
Prepare for work and perform the work elements common to the job such as, but no limited to:Small Forklift and Large Capacity Wheel Loader Forklift Certifications. Appropriate communication via radio, telephone and/or in person. Proper departmental equipment maintenance (daily check). Proper equipment start-up and operation. Verify proper material and quantity prior to product processing. Verify proper material and quantity upon completion of product processing. Accurate and timely completion of pipe movement records. Ensure proper handling and storage of products. Ensure separation of material by SLN (heat number), mill order and/or customer. Ensure separation of conforming and non-conforming material processed. Proper procurement and delivery of required test materials. Maintain adequate amount of consumable supplies. Maintain organization and cleanliness of work area. Proper operation and measurement readings of gauges i.e. tenths tape Proper operation of product turning tools.
All other tasks assigned by the Shift Lead, Supervisor and/or Manager.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Adheres to safety and security procedures.
- Reports potentially unsafe conditions.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Develops alternative solutions.
- Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Uses reason, even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Must be able to lift maximum 50lbs.
- Must be able to stand and/or bend for long periods of time.
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate clearly in the English language.
- Must be able to work rotating 8-12 hour shifts, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Basic math skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Work in environmentally challenging conditions.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Preferred: 1+ years operating a forklift
- Preferred: Forklift Training (Large Capacity)
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES & CAPABILITIES:
- Safety conscious
- Quality conscious