Workforce & Economic Development Coordinator
Port Muskogee skilled and dynamic individual to join the team as an Economic & Workforce Development Coordinator focusing on Marketing and Research. In this role will be responsible for supporting the marketing and research initiatives related to our workforce and economic development at Port Muskogee and the City of Muskogee. The successful candidate collaborates with cross-functional teams and plays a crucial role in shaping our community’s talent acquisition, retention, and development efforts.
Workforce& Economic Development Marketing Strategy: Carry out and execute comprehensive marketing strategies to attract, engage, and retain top talent in Muskogee through a program of worked focused on career awareness, pipeline building and programming. Activities include yet not limited to:
· Compliance for talent recruitment incentives.
**Research and Analysis:**Conduct research on market trends, grant opportunities, competitor benchmarks, and industry best practices to inform workforce marketing strategies. Generate insights and recommendations based on data analysis to drive decision-making processes. Activities include yet not limited to:
· Identify grant opportunities for City of Muskogee, Port Muskogee economic development needs.
· Maintain Port Muskogee CRM for development or lead generation.
· Respond to requests for proposals when assigned.
· Assist staff with research projects when assigned.
**Branding & Marketing:**Support the development and maintenance of the Muskogee and Port Muskogee’s brand by creating and distributing engaging content across various channels, such as social media, career websites, and industry-specific platforms. Activities include yet not limited to:
· Create a quarterly newsletter for Port Muskogee.
· Create marketing material to support workforce development program.
· Create material to support GMMA sponsored events.
· Manage social media accounts as assigned.
**Workforce Analytics:**Collect, analyze, and interpret data related to the workforce, including recruitment metrics, retention rates, employee engagement, and diversity and inclusion initiatives. Prepare reports and presentations to communicate findings and recommend actionable strategies. Activities include yet not limited to:
· Utilize subscription-based data source to run reports for employers.
Project Management: Manage multiple projects simultaneously, ensuring timely delivery and high-quality outcomes. Track project progress, set milestones, and coordinate resources to achieve project objectives. Activities include yet not limited to:
· Organize and plan workforce development resource events.
· Partner and assist with career fairs in the community.
· Organize and develop career awareness events utilizing volunteers and community stakeholders.
Industry Awareness: Stay up-to-date with industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices in workforce marketing and research. Share insights and recommendations with the team to drive innovation and continuous improvement.
Qualifications and Skills:
· Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Education, Human Resources, or a related field. Or relevant experience.
· Proven experience in marketing, research, or talent acquisition, preferably in a fast-paced non-profit or educational environment.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including content creation and presentation abilities.
· Familiarity with marketing tools, data analytics platforms, and social media platforms.
· Project management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks, manage timelines, and coordinate resources effectively.
· Strong attention to detail and the ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
· Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
· Flexibility and adaptability to manage evolving priorities and meet deadlines.
Darla Heller firstname.lastname@example.org 918 636-9293 /Kimbra Scott email@example.com
Resume and cover letter are requested.