Principal Sales Force Architect
Create a healthier, brighter future for pets, pet parents and people!
If you want to make a real difference, create an exciting career path, feel welcome to be your whole self and nurture your wellbeing, Petco is the place for you.
Our core values capture that spirit as we work to improve lives by doing what’s right for pets, people and our planet.
- We love all pets like our own
- We’re the future of the pet industry
- We’re here to improve lives
- We drive outstanding results together
- We’re welcome as we are
Petco is a category-defining health and wellness company focused on improving the lives of pets, pet parents and Petco partners. We are 29,000 strong, working together across 1,500+ pet care centers, 250+ Vetco Total Care hospitals, hundreds of preventive care clinics, eight distribution centers and two support centers.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for maintaining the Enterprise Reference Architecture, including additions of new domains/sub-domains as well as continued refinement of domains and subdomains to support the continued maturity of the enterprise business capabilities.
- Analyzes trade offs between tactical and strategic solution delivery with the engineering teams.
- Provides broad enterprise perspective to the architecture vision, strategies, designs and roadmaps.
- Responsible for designing the structure of new solutions overseeing the implementation of programs, and liaising with the engineering teams
- Develops business solution architecture plans and reviews cost and feasibility of program/ initiative requests while ensuring the plan supports the strategic needs of the company within their business lines/ domains
- Collaborates with engineering teams to analyze, architect, and design end to end solution delivery
- Works with a team of engineers to analyze current solution stack and define new solution architecture
- Applies architectural principles to program/project activities and business solutions to provide directional guidance
- Designs effective, efficient integrated solutions and clearly, concisely communicates and executes with engineering teams
- Implements interoperable solutions across multiple product and engineering teams throughout the enterprise
- Provides support and troubleshooting on projects or system issues across multi-channel and multi-solution architecture
- Leads the creation of technical design documents and the communication of the architectural vision across business lines / domains at an enterprise level
- Participates in architecture and design reviews for projects that require complex solutions across channels, business domains, software and infrastructure.
- Reviews code, leads complex refactoring activities, provides guidance from an architecture technical perspective for all members of a project
- Creates and maintains architecture principles, standards and best practices, which guides teams to maintain directional compliance
- Successfully plans and leads architectural initiatives across IT and business organizations and team
- Supports the identification and implementation of meaningful solution KPIs (know performance indicators)
- Mentors other architects and product managers by educating them on complex architecture approach across the enterprise
Required Skills and Qualifications
- BS degree in Computer Science or similar
- 10+ years of experience
- Familiarity with various architecture frameworks and standards
- Understand and practice industry standard application development and infrastructure management practices
- Strong design analysis and problem-solving abilities, working in close collaboration with subject matter experts from varying technology and business discipline
Note: Current responsibilities are impacted by company and team priorities that may have evolved from what is displayed in the Workday job profile. The description provides general job duties and requirements, but the partner’s manager may assign additional responsibilities or tasks depending on business needs.
Petco Animal Supplies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification.
To translate this webpage to Spanish or other languages on your internet browser click the translate button to the right of your browser address bar. Additional instruction can be found here: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/173424?hl=en-GB&co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop
Para traducir esta página web al español u otros idiomas en su navegador de Internet, haga clic en el botón de traducción a la derecha de la barra de direcciones de su navegador. Puede encontrar instrucciones adicionales aquí: