Pet Stylist (Dog Groomer) - $500 Bonus available for Qualified Experienced Candidates
Create a healthier, brighter future for pets, pet parents and people!
If you want to make a real difference, create an exciting career path, feel welcome to be your whole self and nurture your wellbeing, Petco is the place for you.
Our core values capture that spirit as we work to improve lives by doing what’s right for pets, people and our planet.
- We love all pets like our own
- We’re the future of the pet industry
- We’re here to improve lives
- We drive outstanding results together
- We’re welcome as we are
Petco is a category-defining health and wellness company focused on improving the lives of pets, pet parents and Petco partners. We are 29,000 strong, working together across 1,500+ pet care centers, 250+ Vetco Total Care hospitals, hundreds of preventive care clinics, eight distribution centers and two support centers.
What you'll do:
- Deliver customer service and grooming services to customer that align with our brand promise.
- Responsible for the welfare of all live animals within the department.
- Report to the General Manager and collaborate to drive the business.
This job is composed of a variety of different tasks that are covered by operational guidelines, and while individual judgment may occasionally be required in order to complete assigned tasks; most questions are directed to either the Grooming Salon Manager or the General Manager.
Essential Job Functions:
The incumbent must be able to consistently perform all of the following duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Provide quick and courteous service to all customers by utilizing the GUEST+ model in the salon.
- Ensure OSE standards are maintained in the department - Interact professionally and effectively through verbal and written communication with all professional contacts with emphasis on company interests.
- Professionally perform basic grooming services on animals as requested by customers and in accordance with company policy and procedure, ensuring the safety and well-being of each animal - Interest in animal welfare.
- Move animals and merchandise up to 30 pounds.
- Utilize grooming instruments including shears and dryers.
- Perform grooming services per customer instructions, ensuring the safety and well-being of animals.
- Adhere to all Policies and Procedures.
May provide guidance to Grooming Assistant(s) or other Pet Stylists Apprentice(s) in department. May also test potential applicants for grooming procedures and evaluate skills and other job related tasks.
The majority of job duties are conducted indoors in the grooming salon. Position requires bending, kneeling, lifting(up to 30 pounds, as necessary) and standing for long periods of time. A large amount of this partner’s time will be spent in direct contact with our customers and their dogs and the remaining time will be with the PSA’s and other salon partners. The work environment can be noisy and wet.
Petco Animal Supplies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification.
To translate this webpage to Spanish or other languages on your internet browser click the translate button to the right of your browser address bar. Additional instruction can be found here: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/173424?hl=en-GB&co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop
Para traducir esta página web al español u otros idiomas en su navegador de Internet, haga clic en el botón de traducción a la derecha de la barra de direcciones de su navegador. Puede encontrar instrucciones adicionales aquí: