The Design Engineer quickly and accurately prepares 3D models for machine/production ready drawings for the manufacturing of millwork product lines. This position is expected to maintain and utilize a strong knowledge of both Inventor and AutoCAD software. The Design Engineer will effectively and professionally communicate with internal and external customers to help resolve production issues, improve existing product lines, and inform team members of the status of required engineering files.
· Maintain and utilize an accurate/organized digital file structure (including naming conventions) as directed by the Engineering Manager
· Interpret floor plans, I.D. sets, architecture drawings and even rough sketches to utilize an array of modeling software’s in the production of quality/accurate layouts and/or machining files, often under tight deadlines
· Ability to apply knowledge of the construction and assembly of retail fixtures, furniture & casework.
· Produces detail shop drawings using modeling software
· Provide installation and shop direction regarding construction methods
· Effectively communicate and help to resolve issues related to scheduling, inaccurate drawings, change requests, and software needs with appropriate internal parties including the Engineering Manager
· Maintain current knowledge of preferred company design software including Inventor and AutoCAD and participate in company provided training where applicable
· Follow the direction of and standards/workflows established by the Engineering Manager and contribute to the enhancement of such standards
· Other duties as assigned by Manager/Company Management
· Efficient and skilled with AutoCAD in designing cabinets/millwork products
· Proficiency with computers and MS Office including Microsoft Excel
· Excellent communication skills, visually, written and oral
· Knowledge of millwork or construction production materials & techniques and the ability to interpret floorplans, architecture drawings, ID sets, and rough sketches
· Detailed, with strong time management and organizational skills
· Basic math skills and the ability to read a tape measure
· Critical thinking/problem solving skills
Education and Experience:
· Bachelors Degree in Design Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or similar.
· Experience with AutoCAD and Inventor software required.
· 5+ years of experience utilizing multiple modeling software to create accurate, high-quality layouts and machining files for manufacturing.
· Supervisory experience preferred.
· Experience in the commercial cabinetry or retail fixture industries preferred.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
CUSTOM SEATING, INC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer