QC Roadway Technician
Job ID: 492618
APAC Central Inc., is a CRH company producing and providing crushed aggregate materials, sand, ready-mix concrete, asphalt, and performing as a regional heavy highway/infrastructure construction firm serving Arkansas, Oklahoma, and southern Missouri. APAC-Central, Inc. and its founding companies have been serving our customers since early in the 20th Century and look forward to continued success in the 21st Century!
**$1500 Sign on Bonus**
Pay: $15 to $20 an hour, Based on Experience
Responsible for sampling and testing asphalt products to ensure product meets required specifications. Partners and coordinates daily/weekly scheduling with APAC management, plant personnel and crewmembers, as well as DOT inspectors to obtain necessary samples and mix designs.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Perform Asphalt Quality Control Tests in lab or on roadway, compile test data and understand test data in order to make plant or roadway adjustments.
- Using available information to assist the paving crew to set and modify rolling patterns as needed.
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task.
- Properly follow all company policies and OSHA, MSHA, ATTSA regulations for safe working procedures and environment
- Attendance required according to company attendance policy to ensure crew can operate at normal efficiency level.
- Attitude/cooperation: always maintaining courteous and professional manner with co-workers, customers and public.
- High school graduate or equivalent preferred, with the ability to interpret and apply verbal and/or written instructions in English.
- Ability to follow specifications set by DOTs
- Ability to work as a team member and alone
- Must be self-motivated
- Ability to work with chemicals
- Ability to be flexible with last minute schedule changes, location changes, time of shift changes. Overtime work required. Out of town/county/or state work may be required
- Ability to adhere to PPE (personal protective equipment) policy and maintain individual PPE in a functional condition as supplied by company
- Must have valid driver’s license and pass APAC Driver Qualifications Standard in order to operate Company vehicles
- Ability to attend and pass company sponsored DOT certification courses
- Must be able to communicate effectively with customers and all company personnel.
- Mathematical skills required and must be able to calculate percentages and precise measurements.
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Prior experience in asphalt lab, production, and/or lay-down preferred
- Density gauge experience preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Physical ability to work in hot, dusty locations
- Must be able to adapt and work in extreme weather temperatures
- The following motions will be required: stretching, stooping, bending, squatting, lifting, pushing, pulling, twisting, kneeling, throwing, walking, hammering, standing, reaching, rubbing surfaces, squatting may occupy most of work day
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs for repetitious lifting while using proper lifting techniques.
- Will be exposed to extremes of heat or cold weather.
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
APAC Central Inc., a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.