Construction Dirt Crew Foreperson
Job ID: 492633
APAC Central Inc., is a CRH company producing and providing crushed aggregate materials, sand, ready-mix concrete, asphalt, and performing as a regional heavy highway/infrastructure construction firm serving Arkansas, Oklahoma, and southern Missouri. APAC-Central, Inc. and its founding companies have been serving our customers since early in the 20th Century and look forward to continued success in the 21st Century!
Front line supervisory position that oversees the day to day completion of projects. This position has oversight of the laborers and operators to accomplish their daily tasks.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Receive daily specific instructions from a Project Superintendent
- Schedule the mobilization of needed equipment
- Supervise/ coordinate, train, and coach assigned personnel in the completion of jobs and daily work duties
- Read plans and set engineering grade stakes to guide equipment operators
- Supervise equipment operators and laborers to ensure that work is being done according to the field layout and the plans
- Supervise personnel to assure proper compaction is obtained on the soil or base
- Perform the duties of a heavy equipment operator when necessary
- Perform the duties of a construction worker/ laborer when necessary
- Notify the Project Superintendent when conditions on the job change causing a variation to previous instruction. (Approval should be received from the Superintendent before adjusting plans)
- Ensure that employees operate and maintain equipment properly
- Notify the shop of equipment mechanical issues
- Lead crew in our safety culture and help ensure a safe working environment
- Maintain time and material records necessary for completing daily job costing
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Able to perform essential job functions with/ without reasonable accommodation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Be knowledgeable of materials and equipment needed to perform tasks.
- Be able to read plans and specifications
- Mathematical understanding in order to calculate grades, slopes, dumps, etc.
- Related experience in construction field, minimum 5 years (desired)
- Pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- Pass a pre-employment “Fit for Work” physical.
- Be able to provide valid documentation for the I-9 Immigration document.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
- Report to work at the designated start time.
- Be able to work long hours when required.
- Strictly adhere to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist co–workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must be able to complete safe driver training, possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- May be required to have or acquire a CDL as necessary
- Be at least age 18 years of age.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Applications with the ability to learn new software systems as needed.
- Be able to communicate appropriately with direct reports, co-workers, supervisors, and the general public.
- Ability to use decision making skills for cost effective solutions on jobs in the absence of a superintendent
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The position will be primarily outside in the elements and may be required to work in inclement weather as needed.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- Majority of work will be performed outside in conditions that may be extreme in temperature and condition.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
APAC Central Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.