Asphalt Plant Groundman
Job ID: 491135
APAC Central Inc., is a CRH company producing and providing crushed aggregate materials, sand, ready-mix concrete, asphalt, and performing as a regional heavy highway/infrastructure construction firm serving Arkansas, Oklahoma, and southern Missouri. APAC-Central, Inc. and its founding companies have been serving our customers since early in the 20th Century and look forward to continued success in the 21st Century!
**Sign on Bonus $1500**
This position is responsible for clean up around the plants, both manually and with various types of equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Carries out the instructions of Foreperson or Supervisor.
- On a regular basis shovels and rakes materials. Assists truck driver with backing and dumping materials.
- Occasionally operates power broom, plate compactor, wheel barrow, pipe saws, pumps, generators, jack hammers, and vibratory roller.
- May be asked to perform equipment maintenance or to assist the Foreperson or other crew members with miscellaneous duties.
- Adhere to any and all state and federal regulations, if applicable, as set forth by the US Department of Transportation (DOT), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA), or any other regulatory agency.
- Perform pre-shift safety inspections on all equipment
- Assist with plant repairs & plant maintenance, such as cleaning up in and around the plant and quarry as directed
- Operate bobcat and other types of equipment as needed to assist with cleanup efforts
- Operate loader to move stone off stackers to stockpiles
- Keep plant areas washed out and clean
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required.
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must pass a drug screen and criminal background check
- Able to work independently with attention to detail
- Able to follow direction and work effectively in a team environment
- Able to respond to stressful situations and customers in a professional, courteous manner
- Ability to effectively prioritize assignments to meet long-term and short-term deadlines
- Able to work various times during day, night or weekend hours, at various locations
- Able to effectively communicate in verbal and written form to employees, management, and customers
- Able to identify, define and resolve problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Able to interpret written and oral instructions, and to read, analyze and interpret, operating & maintenance instructions or regulations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to talk, stand, walk, use hands to finger handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and talk or hear
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus
- Able to climb ladders and to work at heights
- Able to work in all weather conditions
- Able to move/carry objects up to 50 lbs
- Ability to work long hours as needed.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock or burn
- The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be loud, but is typically moderate
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by Pennsy Supply and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
APAC Central Inc., a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.