Asphalt Paving Lead Person
Job ID: 492627
APAC Central Inc., is a CRH company producing and providing crushed aggregate materials, sand, ready-mix concrete, asphalt, and performing as a regional heavy highway/infrastructure construction firm serving Arkansas, Oklahoma, and southern Missouri. APAC-Central, Inc. and its founding companies have been serving our customers since early in the 20th Century and look forward to continued success in the 21st Century!
Front line supervisory position that oversees the day to day completion of projects. This position has oversight of the laborers and operators to accomplish their daily tasks.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Receive daily specific instructions from an Asphalt Superintendent and or Asphalt Foreperson
- Schedule the mobilization of needed equipment
- Supervise/ coordinate, train, and coach assigned personnel in the completion of jobs and daily work duties
- Read plans and set engineering grade stakes to guide equipment operators
- Supervise equipment operators and laborers to ensure that work is being done according to the field layout and the plans
- Supervise personnel to assure proper compaction is obtained on asphalt
- Perform Quality Control relating to field density and cores
- Perform the duties of a heavy equipment operator when necessary
- Perform the duties of a construction worker/ laborer when necessary
- Notify the Project Superintendent / Foreperson when conditions on the job change causing a variation to previous instruction. (Approval should be received from the Superintendent before adjusting plans)
- Ensure that employees operate and maintain equipment properly
- Notify the shop of equipment mechanical issues
- Lead crew in our safety culture and help ensure a safe working environment
- Maintain time and material records necessary for completing daily job costing
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Able to perform essential job functions with/ without reasonable accommodation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Education/Experience
- Be knowledgeable of materials and equipment needed to perform tasks.
- Be able to read plans and specifications
- Mathematical understanding in order to calculate grades, slopes, dumps, etc.
- Related experience in construction asphalt field, minimum 3 years (desired)
- Pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- Pass a pre-employment “Fit for Work” physical.
- Be able to provide valid documentation for the I-9 Immigration document.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
- Report to work at the designated start time.
- Be able to work long hours when required.
- Strictly adhere to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist co–workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must be able to complete safe driver training, possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- May be required to have or acquire a CDL as necessary
- Be at least age 18 years of age.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Applications with the ability to learn new software systems as needed.
- Be able to communicate appropriately with direct reports, co-workers, supervisors, and the general public.
- Ability to use decision making skills for cost effective solutions on jobs in the absence of a superintendent
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The position will be primarily outside in the elements and may be required to work in inclement weather as needed.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- Majority of work will be performed outside in conditions that may be extreme in temperature and condition.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock or burn.
- The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be loud, but is typically moderate
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
APAC Central Inc., a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.