Job ID: 492625
APAC Central Inc., is a CRH company producing and providing crushed aggregate materials, sand, ready-mix concrete, asphalt, and performing as a regional heavy highway/infrastructure construction firm serving Arkansas, Oklahoma, and southern Missouri. APAC-Central, Inc. and its founding companies have been serving our customers since early in the 20th Century and look forward to continued success in the 21st Century!
**$1500 Sign on Bonus**
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Understands and applies safe use and operation of the equipment and communicates with other employees about safety related matters.
- Performs all functions in a safe manner in accordance with company policy and procedures.
- Safe, efficient and proper operation of grader to gouge out, level and distribute earth and/or rocks from land preparation to constructing roads and/or job site grading.
- Moves levers to control tool bars, carriers, and disks.
- Moves levers and depresses pedals to maneuver tractor and raise, lower and tilt blade to clear right-of-way.
- Feels lever and listens for stalling action of engine to estimate depth of cut.
- Drive grader in successive passes over terrain to raise or lower terrain to specified grade following markings on grade stakes or hand signals.
- Communicate with Project Manager/Foreperson as to the daily job specification.
- Discuss with supervisor the anticipated production, type of materials being moved, number of trucks, etc.
- Be aware of other equipment working on the project and coordinate to work with these other equipment.
- Ability to read, interpret and incorporate information derived from the manual for the specific piece of equipment being operated.
- Conduct daily pre-start up procedures, ensuring equipment is in good operating condition (check fluid levels, inspect, clean and lubricate equipment, etc.).
- Greases, oils, and performs minor repairs on tractor.
- Keep equipment clean, promoting positive public image, and enabling close range equipment inspection.
- Complete Equipment and Vehicle Condition Report weekly, noting odometer readings, equipment hours, needed repairs, etc.
- Parks equipment in a place that is readily accessible to the equipment mover.
- Maintain a positive attitude and team spirit.
- Reports to work on time wearing the appropriate uniform.
- Must be able to work variable hours including daytime, nighttime, and some weekend hours, as well as, overtime.
- Ability to travel inside the company’s operational area.
Individuals must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations, using some combination of skills and abilities.
- 3 years of experience required. GPS experience is a plus
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
APAC Central Inc., a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.