Job ID: 491104
APAC Central Inc., is a CRH company producing and providing crushed aggregate materials, sand, ready-mix concrete, asphalt, and performing as a regional heavy highway/infrastructure construction firm serving Arkansas, Oklahoma, and southern Missouri. APAC-Central, Inc. and its founding companies have been serving our customers since early in the 20th Century and look forward to continued success in the 21st Century!
Responsible for the marketing of products and services provided by the company in assigned territory and developing new markets while expanding current customer base via phone calls or in person visits. Managing sales budget within established sales goals.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Sell products to business and industrial establishments or individuals utilizing knowledge of the products sold.
- Increase sales volume for company’s products and services, while maintaining sales expense budget.
- Track product inventory to ensure adequate supply of product is available to meet customers’ needs.
- Compiles a list of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from a variety of sources.
- Develop and maintain profiles of customers and competitors.
- Monitor customer accounts to ensure prompt payment of goods and services.
- Coordinate product delivery if necessary.
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position is: Safety Glasses, Safety (hard toe) Shoes and Safety Vest.
- Complete and remain current with required safety training and policies.
- Manage administrative duties to include full detailed information (reports, status updates, etc.) meeting established deadlines and objectives.
- Utilize Customer Records Management software for inputting and tracking customer interactions.
- Develop and enhance skills and activities that increase effectiveness in sales presentations and professionalism through training.
- Analyze market potential, including competitive pricing, activities, market trends, and other relevant facts and report findings to the sales manager as required.
- Establish annual sales projections by product and recommend sales programs to reach sales projections.
- Assist the sales manager and director of sales with the formulation of annual budget including sales forecasts.
- Keep up-to-date on product changes, selling strategies, competitive surveillance methods, expense control, etc.
- Maintain continual vigilance over competitors’ programs and pricing and include these observations in written reports as required to include price, product changes/improvement, terms of sales and service.
- Maintain proper product and service positioning in the marketplace to ensure maximum profit potential while maintaining maximum goodwill with customers.
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Education/Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or comparable discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of two years of experience in a Sales/Marketing position or equivalent position with a customer service focus.
- Previous experience in construction sales is strongly preferred.
- Customer Records Management experience would be a plus, but not required.
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
- Residency within assigned territory is a requirement.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as per company policy.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Must have the ability to work without close supervision.
- Highly developed oral, verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work with management.
- Ability to communicate with others and to assimilate and understand information, in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
- Demonstrate effective skills in dealing with employees at all levels.
- Ability to be a self-starter and able to operate under general guidelines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software package.
- Ability to make presentations in front of many people.
- Ability to effectively work with customers, employees, and suppliers.
- Ability to provide and understand detailed information.
- Ability to analyze issues independently.
- Ability to perform under deadline pressure.
- Ability to understand and follow complex verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects, talk and hear.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is frequently required to sit and use hands.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and bend.
- Standard office environment.
- Tempo is fast-paced with deadlines.
- The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be moderate.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
APAC Central Inc., a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.