Summer 2024 Safety Department Internship
Job ID: 490966
APAC Central Inc., is a CRH company producing and providing crushed aggregate materials, sand, ready-mix concrete, asphalt, and performing as a regional heavy highway/infrastructure construction firm serving Arkansas, Oklahoma, and southern Missouri. APAC-Central, Inc. and its founding companies have been serving our customers since early in the 20th Century and look forward to continued success in the 21st Century!
Job shadow EHS Manager who is responsible for safety at the quarries, sand plants and landfills of the day-to-day events and training of personnel. Compiling documentation and filing for MSHA and OSHA operations. Must comply with all state and federal regulations.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Comply with all MSHA, OSHA and company safety regulations.
- Observe and gain experience in meeting and helping to establish plant safety goals.
- Learn to complete safety documentation and file.
- Observe the day-to-day operations of the plants, shops, and landfills.
- Participate in opportunities to learn how to plan and execute safety for the company through out the internship.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Microsoft Office Excel, Word, email.
College sophomore or higher-level mining engineering student, safety or similar degree major.
Be able to travel to the sites throughout Missouri, Kansas, and Oklahoma
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
APAC Central Inc., a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.