Job ID: 488934
APAC Central Inc., is a CRH company producing and providing crushed aggregate materials, sand, ready-mix concrete, asphalt, and performing as a regional heavy highway/infrastructure construction firm serving Arkansas, Oklahoma, and southern Missouri. APAC-Central, Inc. and its founding companies have been serving our customers since early in the 20th Century and look forward to continued success in the 21st Century!
**$1,500 Sign On Bonus**
The Shop Helper position is responsible for assisting the supervisors of the shop and/or department. This position is responsible for the maintenance of all company equipment. The Shop Assistant is responsible for daily administration duties to control the shop as well as assisting the Shop Manager and Shop Mechanics in their daily duties.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Assist in scheduling repairs to maximize company resources and minimize down time.
- Assist in completing work orders and purchase orders accurately and timely.
- Assist in completing driver reports and ensure equipment availability for the next shift.
- Assist in ordering parts (as required) and maintaining appropriate inventories as directed.
- Assist in repairing malfunctioning equipment and parts as necessary.
- Fulfill the Company’s mission statement personally and within the shop.
- Follow all established company policies.
- Promote good moral and performance.
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Education/Experience
- Minimum high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Two year certificate from college or technical school is preferred.
- 2 – 4 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge in construction preferred but not required.
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Possess a strong work ethic and high standards for safety in the workplace.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Demonstrated commitment to achieving the organization's goals and objectives.
- Must have the ability to work without close supervision and the ability to work effectively with others.
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position is: Face Shield, Safety (hard toe) Shoes, and Coveralls.
- Compliance with all OSHA and/or MSHA regulations.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work with management.
- Ability to operate office equipment including, but not limited to: computers, copiers, ten key adding machine, printers, etc.
- Proficiency in personal computers/word processing, spreadsheets/databases and relevant software packages.
- Ability to understand and follow complex verbal and written instructions.
- Demonstrated, effective skills in dealing with employees at all levels.
- Ability to analyze issues independently.
- Ability to perform under deadline pressure.
- Ability to keep accurate time and materials records.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to use hands and fingers to manipulate objects, talk and hear.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb, kneel, bend, reach and lift.
- The employee is frequently required to sit.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock or burn.
- The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be loud, but is typically moderate.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
APAC Central Inc., a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.